Submitted by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
Have you been looking for a quick but healthy meal? By pan searing some delicate, delicious fish you can make that very meal tonight. Fish Tacos supply you with the protein you need and by adding fresh vegetables with a whole wheat tortilla you have a well rounded, fully satisfying meal.
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- White fish, like Tilapia or Cod
- Seasoning (like cumin, garlic, chili powder, etc.)
- 0% non-fat Greek Yogurt
- Season the fish and “stir” to make sure the seasonings are distributed evenly. Pan sear until cooked. Set aside.
- To make the crema for the tacos, mix your favorite seasonings into about 1/4 cup Greek yogurt to taste.
- Slice your avocados fairly thin.
- (This step is optional.) Heat your tortillas in a pan to warm them. I like mine a bit crisped up, but make sure not to get them too crispy, or they will just break instead of fold nicely.
- Arrange the cabbage, salsa, crema, avocado, cooked fish, and whatever condiments you may want on the counter to make your tacos. You can see the Tapatio hiding behind the salsa.
- Build away! We add a layer of crema to the tortilla first, then the avocado, fish, cabbage, and salsa; but you can build your tacos any way you want. Just make sure you’ve got a lot of napkins, because these babies are juicy!
To see Crystal’s Fantastic step-by-step photos click here!
Discover More Delicious Fish Dishes:
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/fish-tacos/