- Place eggs in a single layer in a pot of COLD water. The water should cover the eggs by at least two inches.
- Bring the water up to a full rolling boil. Cover the pot. Now, turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner, let stand COVERED for 11- 12 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot and gently place the eggs in a bowl of ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the eggs after a few minutes and tap each egg a few times on the counter to see little cracks. Roll the egg around the counter until the shell is completely cracked.
- Peel each egg while still dipping into the cold water to remove any small bits of shell that may be remaining on each egg. Place on a paper towel to let dry off the excess water.
You did it! A perfect hard boiled egg.