Hi friends. This was our very first raw, vegan recipe. However, I didn’t have this in mind when preparing it. I had a bag of raw cashews in the house and just went with it. You can use this cream on any sweet or savory dish. Just add whatever sweetness or spices to make it your own. I hope you like this versatile “cream” sauce. I think I found a gem! I love it and I hope you do to!
Just a note… You will have to plan ahead for this recipe. The cashews have to soak and then the sauce has to be refrigerated for a few hours after that. Then you can put the dish together. Why not make it the day before and buy the berries the day you will make this.
Nutrition: calories 96.2, fat 3.5 g, carbs 16.5 g, fiber 3.9 g, sugars 11.3 g, sodium 1.8 mg, protein 2 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Fresh Berries With Cashew Cream
Makes 4 servings
- 1 ounce raw cashews
- water for soaking the cashews
- 1/2 cup light unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 -2 packets or droppers of SweetLeaf all natural Stevia sweetener, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cut up fresh strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- Chopped toasted cashews, optional
- 1 tsp Chia seeds, optional
- Soak the cashews in cool water for at least 3 hours. Cover the bowl.
- When done, drain but save a little of the soaking liquid.
- Place the cashews with the small amount of liquid in a high speed blender or food processor and whirl to smooth. Add the almond milk.
- Continue to blend, add the rest of the ingredients except the fruit.
Stop and taste. When you have the right sweetness and smooth creamy texture, you are done. If you have to add a little more almond milk that’s fine.
- Place in fridge for a few hours for all the flavors to marry and for the sauce to thicken up a little.
- Now, plate your berries in small dessert dishes. Spoon out a tablespoon over the berries. Whatever you have left, go over a second time until you finish the sauce. Sprinkle with chopped toasted cashews and Chia seeds if you want.
Note: If you make a larger batch, store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Enjoy this healthy treat!