This delicious chocolate cake is rich and decadent but, made with no oil or butter. Instead, I used Greek Yogurt. This makes for a velvety texture and always a crowd pleaser. Bake this cake today, it’s guilt free!
Greek Yogurt Cocoa Chip Cake
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup xylitol or Swerve – You can use all granulated sugar or any sugar substitute of choice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large or extra large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt mixed with 3 tbsp milk, I used 2 percent
- 1/2 cup mini or regular semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8 x 8 inch square pan, preferably glass pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk, combine flour, sugars, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk to break up clumps.
- In a small to medium mixing bowl, combine egg, yogurt with milk, and vanilla extract. Use a spoon to combine well.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and with a rubber spatula, mix until all is combined. Make sure you get all the dry into the wet but try not to over mix the batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of batter.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Use the spatula to even out. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. A toothpick should come out with moist to dry crumbs. Try not to over bake. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
ENJOY THE COCOA YUMMINESS!