Submitted by: Crystal Sykes
This flexible recipes can be made ahead and simply heated up when you are ready to eat. Use the basic ingredients and replace the ham and cheese for your own quiche twist.
Nutrition: 366 Calories, 19.4g Fat, 36.4g Carbohydrates, 12.2g Protein, 832 milligrams sodium
Ham and Cheese Mini Quiches
- 10 oz pie crust (2oz for each mini quiche)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 cup ham steak, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Roll out homemade or store bought pie crust and separate/cut into six sections (roughly 2 oz each). Place dough into mini pie tins and reshape if necessary. Line each cup with foil and beans, and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and beans, and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a saucepan and heat on medium high. Add the onion, and cook until golden brown.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- If you are concerned about too much moisture in your ham, cook it in a pan for about 5 minutes. This step is optional, but it can also add extra flavor.
- Add onion, ham, cheese and green onions evenly into the bottom of each mini pie crust.
- Add the egg mixture to the pie crusts evenly, careful not to overfill the pie crusts.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the quiche is cooked and set.
- Let cool and enjoy or store in the fridge for a week’s worth of breakfasts. To reheat, cook in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until hot in the middle (about a minute). This quiche is also good cold.
This recipe is adapted from Weight Watchers Cheese Quiche.
For detailed step by step photos view the original recipe.
Breakfast Recipes to Try Next: