Submitted by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
This dish is typically a fall holiday favorite, but I can see me making it throughout the year. Since it uses all fresh ingredients the dish tends to be healthier than other recipes we have seen. I simply enjoy the chunky texture, something to really bite into.
Nutrition: Serving size 216g, Calories 434, Fat 11.6, Saturated fat 4.2, Carbohydrates 81.2, Protein 3.4
Healthier Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2½ lbs sweet potatoes
- ½ stick of butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup marshmallows
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt the butter on medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the pot with the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Add to an ungreased casserole dish (9×9).
- Add the marshmallows and pecans evenly.
- Bake at 400 until the marshmallows are golden brown on the top.
Check out Crystal’s fabulous step-by-step photos by clicking here.
Love Sweet Potatoes? Try These Recipes Next: