I love smoothies so much that I make one every day at home, or if I am out and about I’ll pick one up at my favorite smoothie cafe. The problem when you buy smoothies is they can cost up to $7.00 just for fruit, some protein powder and ice! I really don’t like to pay for something when I can make it at home and know exactly what is in it. There are a few smoothies on this blog that are just delish, so here is another great one that my whole family loves. By the way, it’s so easy to make and if you buy one of those personal blenders that are easy to wash out after, you will probably want to make them all the time. You can find these at Target between $9.99 and $19.99; it’s worth every penny! Enjoy.
Nutrition: calories 154.4, fat 0.1 g, carbs 38 g, fiber 4.5 g, sugar 13.3 g, sodium 22 mg, protein 1.5 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Healthy Blue Lagoon Smoothie
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup Welch’s 100% grape juice with fiber
- 1/8 cup ice cold water or more if needed
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 1/4 cup frozen blueberries – the only ingredient on the package should be blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp powdered skim milk
- 1/2 cut banana or up to a whole small banana
- 1 to 2 drops of liquid Stevia or 1 packet to taste
- Blend the liquid and ice in a blender. The ice should start to break down and it will start to look like a slushy.
- Add the frozen blueberries and blend again.
- Add the rest of the ingredients until it reaches the desired consistency. I like my smoothie nice and slushy-like but you can add a little more water if you want it smoother.
That’s it! Sit down and enjoy this beautiful and healthy smoothie!
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes: