Submitted by: Crystal Sykes
Delicious treat made with ingredients you may have in stock!
Healthy Blueberry Crisp
- 3 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (Penzy’s)
- Substitute for apple pie spice: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/8 teaspoon mace optional
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×9 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized blow, mix blueberries and honey. The honey can make the blueberries stick together, so make sure they are fully thawed before mixing to help with this. Pour mixture into pan.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix oats, flour, spices, and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Pour dry mixture over blueberries. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Notes: To create a harder crust you may add extra butter to the mixture. Add extra butter to your liking, but remember that each extra teaspoon adds 34 calories to the dish.
Here are some more recipes highlighting blueberries:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Lemon Crunch Cake
- Dark Chocolate Clusters Loaded with Dried Fruit