So, who doesn’t love cookie dough? I can’t think of anyone. I love making cookies and love eating the dough. I wanted to try to make a dough that didn’t have raw eggs or any flour in it. The eggs were easy to eliminate but the flour? Recently, I have been using Almond meal flour in some recipes. It’s so hearty and has good fats and fiber. If you check out our blog, you will see a few recipes made with almond flour and also chickpeas, which are also in this recipe. Give this yummy treat a try. The kids will not know the difference and you will know they are eating something with good, healthy ingredients.
Note: You will have to plan for this a day in advance or for later in the day. As you will see, the dates in the recipe need to soak for at least 7 to 10 hours. I do this before I go to sleep and then the next day have it ready for when the kids get off the bus.
Nutrition: calories 95, fat 3.6 g, carbs 15.1 g, fiber 2 g, sugars 9.4 g, sodium 69.5 mg, protein 2.1 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 1/8 cups pitted dates (You can find these where the raisins and dried cranberries are in the market.)
- 1/2 cup boiling water plus 2 Tablespoons
- 4 Tbsp no sugar added almond butter
- 2-3 Tbsp oats
- 1/8 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond flour
- 1 Tbsp good quality vanilla extract
- Sweetleaf Stevia Sweetener powder or liquid to taste (Start with 1 or 2 drops then add if needed)
- 1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet mini chocolate chips, plus 1 teaspoon
- pinch of salt
- Apple slices, optional
- Cookies of your choice, optional
- Place the pitted dates in a heatproof glass measuring cup and pour the hot water over. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 7 hours or overnight.
- In a food processor, add the oats and process until fine. Add the rest of the rest of the ingredients along with the dates and all the liquid. Leave out the chocolate chips till the end.
- Process until nice and smooth and creamy.
- Add in the 1/2 cup chocolate chips and mix gently to combine. Sprinkle the teaspoon on top for nice presentation.
- Place in fridge for at least an hour to chill. Serve with healthy snacks. Enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated for up to 2 days. After that discard.
More Delicious Dips: