These multi-grain bars are so delish and super healthy. They are great for an after school/work snack and you can even have them for breakfast with a glass of milk and a piece of fruit.
Nutrition: Per Bar – calories 119, fat 3, carbs. 17.8, fiber 2.4, protein 3.7, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Healthy Multi-Grain Granola Bars
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp water + 1 tsp water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 4 oz. jars baby applesauce
- 4 egg whites or 1 cup egg beaters
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Place the raisins and water in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute. Mix the raisins so that they absorb the water.
- In a mini chopper, blend raisins until smooth. Pureeing the raisins intensifies their sweetness and gives the bars a lot of moisture. If you don’t want to puree the raisins, that’s Ok; just add them to the batter.
- Add the raisin puree to the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and add the oats and walnuts. Mix everything together.
- Spread batter onto a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake anywhere from 20 to 23 minutes, until light brown. You can test it with a toothpick (it will come out clean when ready).
- Before cutting the bars, let them cool. Cut into 24 bars.
Enjoy this yummy and healthy treat!
Terrific Bar Recipes: