Hi friends, These are so yummy and was just so easy to put these few healthy ingredients together and wind up with this out of this world healthy truffle. I hope you try these and enjoy them as much as we do around here. Just a note: Using Almond meal, is wonderful for fiber and healthy fats. So this recipe has a little more fat than usual but know it’s made with healthy fat.
Nutrition: calories 88.8, fat 6.8 g, carbs 2.8 g, fiber 1 g, sugars 4.4 g, sodium 20.1 g, protein 2.3 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 2
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Almond Truffles
- 1 cup Almond meal flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil unrefined, melted and cooled (If you do not want a coconut flavor in this truffle, you can use avocado oil or any vegetable oil.)
- 1 Tbsp Agave nectar, brown rice syrup or good quality honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, always use a good quality
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- pinch of sea or kosher salt
- A few drops or powder, natural Stevia sweetener to taste.
- 1 to 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk to form the truffle balls
For Chocolate Coating:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp avocado oil or any vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Place a cookie sheet in the fridge and set aside.
- In a medium-mixing bowl, place the almond flour in the bowl and mix up with a whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up until the almond milk. Mix well. Slowly add the almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a good consistency to make small balls. Once you reached this, start rolling to make 16 truffle balls.
- Place parchment or wax paper on the cold cookie sheet and then place the truffles on and set back in the fridge for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to take them out, in a small microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and small amount of oil and microwave for 25 seconds. Take out, stir and do this again until the chocolate is nice and smooth and shiny. Add the almond extract and mix.
- Dip the truffles in the chocolate and lightly coat. I use a wooden skewer to do this or two teaspoons work also. You will have enough to coat all 16 truffles.
- Place back in fridge and let set up. Enjoy every, yummy bite!
More Delicious Bite Sized Truffle Recipes: