This is my favorite smoothie of all time. Believe it or not I use fresh baby spinach leaves. It practically adds no calories but does add great health benefits. I promise you will NOT taste the spinach! I couldn’t believe it the first time I tried it. This smoothie is a great pick me up any time of day and is so sweet and delish without any added sugar. Enjoy!
Nutrition: calories 198, 6g, fat 5.6g, fiber 9.4g, protein 6.8g
High Fiber Sassy Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach (I use the packaged spinach because it’s already washed)
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, no sugar added
- Half of a small banana
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp toasted wheat germ, for gluten free, leave this out and add 1 tbsp more of flax meal
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, soy milk or skim milk
- 1/8 cup cold water
- 1 to 2 drop SweetLeaf all natural Stevia, or 1 packet of Stevia, to taste
- Ice cubes (if you want it extra thick and you are using fresh strawberries)
- This is sooooo easy –
Place all ingredients in your blender and whirl up! That’s it!
ENJOY, and know you are putting something in your body that is really good for you!