I am a huge rice pudding fan. The only problem is, most are loaded with fat and calories. I tried a few times and came up with this easy recipe. The calories have come down a little but the fat is way down. Also, easy to make in no time and, its good warm or cold from the fridge. I love it so much I have it for breakfast some days. Nice to add some sliced apples or berries. Delish!
Nutrition: calories 217, fat 1.1g, carbs 56.7g, fiber 1.2g, sugar 44g, sodium 79.5mg, protein 7.9g
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can low fat or regular sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz can
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cook the rice as directed. Save a little bit of the cooking water, about 2-3 tablespoons. Put aside for a minute or so.
- In a medium to large pot pour the condensed milk and beaten egg in along with the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir to warm up. Keep mixing. Now add the cooked rice and saved water. Keep mixing until the mixture comes to a slight boil. Let boil for just a couple of seconds and then take off heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- You can place in 6 small dishes or place in a large serving dish and spoon out when ready to eat. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon if you want. Try the first time when this is warm. It is so yummy! ENJOY!
Discover More Recipes Using Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk:
Chocolate Popcorn Fudge
Delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars