With these few simple steps, you will have perfect white or brown rice every time. I have tried many times starting with cold water. It just wasn’t the right texture. Then, tried with boiling water, it came out perfect. Rice is so versatile, goes with almost any main meal. Try this easy method out and taste for yourself.
How To Make Perfect White Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp butter or oil, this is optional
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Pour in rice and salt. Add butter or oil if using. Stir once or twice. Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover tightly with lid. Let cook until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. This should take about 16 to 19 minutes. Check after 16 minutes but, not before. If there is still liquid in the pot, replace lid and continue to cook.
- When done, keep lid on. Remove from heat and let sit for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and plate up.