Submitted By: Jessica Flatley
When you have food allergies, salads become a staple meal in your routine. They can quickly become boring so it is important to change things up and try new recipes! Kale is not only incredibly healthy but it gives a salad structure, crunch and taste. The apple, lemon and ginger topping has a nice balance of sweet and tangy and it helps your digestion. Who knew healthy could taste so good?
Check out the original post for more on this recipe!
Kale, Apple, Lemon & Ginger Salad
- 3 c. Kale
- 1 c. Apple (Chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp. Fresh Ginger (Grated)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 c. Crumbled Goat Cheese (Optional)
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Clean your fruits and veggies!
- Slice and cube 3 to 4 small apples and finely chop the parsley.
- Zest the lemon with the fine side of the cheese grater, then measure 1/2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Toss the apple, lemon zest and ginger in a small mixing bowl. Then cover with the olive oil and lemon juice. As you mix this together, add the cinnamon and sea salt to make your fruity, salad dressing.
- Coat the kale and you have a delicious and fresh salad.
- Goat cheese is optional, if you can eat dairy (it adds an extra sweetness and tang, as well as a creamy texture against the crunch).
- If you have leftover apple, you might like my tasty Strawberry, Cucumber, Apple & Mint Salad. Or use your leftover kale in my Super Greens Salad!