Years ago when I lived in Atlanta, I was invited to a party and this was served. I think it was the best thing I ever tasted! Then, when I became a caterer, I called the person who had the party and she was happy to give me the recipe. I didn’t realize how simple the recipe was. You can add any toppings such as pepperoni, onions, peppers, you name it. Anything tastes good on the basic recipe. Have fun with it and enjoy every gooey, messy bite with your favorite cracker, chip or veggie.
Nutrition: calories 59, fat 4 g, carbs 3 g, fiber .4 g, protein 3 g, Weight Watchers PointsPlus® 2
- 1 package softened cream cheese, I used reduced fat
- 1 heaping 1/2 cup or more if you want, shredded mozzarella cheese, I used part skim and finely shredded
- 1 cup plus more if you want, your favorite homemade or jarred pizza/ marinara sauce
- 2 tbps grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic and onion powder, optional
- Toppings of your choice, optional
- Cracker, chips, veggies of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, have a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, set aside.
- Lightly mist a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the seasoning until well combined. Spread into pie plate evenly.
- Top with sauce, mozzarella cheese then, parmesan cheese. Cover with foil that has been misted with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes then, remove the foil and continue to bake about 20 minutes longer. You should see some bubbling.
- Take out and let sit for just a few minutes. That's it! Have fun and eat up.
Other Delectable Dips:
Light and Luscious Fruit Dip
Healthy Cookie Dough Dip