Submitted by: Veronica Gantley
I am very fortunate to live along the Chesapeake bay, where seafood is plentiful. Sometimes I take it for granted. There is nothing better than fresh seafood. For those poor souls who are not as fortunate as me, take heart, you can still enjoy your seafood.
This recipe is very tasty.
Honest, I promise, if you like shrimp, you will love this.
The best part is that it uses frozen shrimp. So you see, anyone can enjoy this, even y’all who live in the middle of the country.
This also makes a great Lent recipe, although I don’t feel like I am sacrificing anything when I eat this, but it is meat free.
I got this recipe from Pioneer Woman, enough said?
Lemon and Garlic Shrimp
- 2 pounds Raw frozen Shrimp, Deveined, Shells On
- 2 sticks Cold Unsalted Butter Cut Into Pieces
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- ½ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 whole Lemon, Juiced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse frozen shrimp to separate, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add cold butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt, parsley, and red pepper. Pulse until combined.
- Sprinkle cold butter crumbles over the shrimp. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until your shrimp is pink.
- Serve with hot crusty bread. Peel and eat the shrimp, then dip the bread into the butter in the bottom of the pan.
For the original recipe and step by step pictures, click here.
More Delicious Fish Recipes: