Warm and delightful. A copycat recipe from our favorite diner. However, these are lower in fat and calories by just switching out a few ingredients. Just as decadent and delicious as the full fat ones. Enjoy!
Nutrition: per serving – calories 113, fat 6, carbs. 13, fiber less than 1, protein 2.1
Luscious Cinnamon Cheese Danish
- 1 tube Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls (or any store brand)
- 1 package 1/3 less cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup super fine sugar, or granulated is okay to use
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8 inch baking pan with cooking spay.
- Keep the tube of crescent rolls in fridge right up until you are ready to bake. Lay half the package contents in the baking pan. Press down and try to get to the corners and seal the scores in the dough.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon until well combined. Spread the mixture over the dough.
- Next lay the other half of the dough over the cream cheese mixture and again, try and seal top and bottom along with the scores. Don’t worry if you can’t get it all sealed up.
- Pour the melted butter over the top and sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon along with the 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for approx 25-30 minutes or until you see the top crust is nice and brown (don’t over bake).
- Let cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes. Cut into 16 pieces.
These taste best warm (fresh out of the oven) but is still great heated in microwave later on. I know you will love this like we all do.
More Tempting Pastry Recipes:
Warm and Comforting Cranberry Scones
Easy Cinnamon And Sugar Flaky Twists
Blueberry Lemon Drop Biscuits / Scones