There is a story behind this lovely fruit dip; it’s my Mom’s (Ruthie’s) recipe and I just changed it a little to fit into the skinny version. The main story behind this recipe is actually the beautiful scalloped dish it is in. Growing up, my wonderful Mom loved entertaining, especially for her Bridge ladies, and this dip was a staple. She always let me help make it the night before her luncheons since it needed to be made at least a few hours before. I always loved the pretty green dish she served it in. My mom once told me that one day when I was married I could have the dish. We both forgot about it until a few years ago when she was unpacking after she moved. When I went to visit her she surprised me with it. I remember smiling so hard, my face hurt! I am so happy to share this recipe with all of you and to show you a picture of this cute little green dish. Thanks for letting me share my story.
Nutrition – per 2 tbsp: calories 19, fat 0 g, carbs 3.7 g, fiber 0 g, sugar 2.8 g, sodium 5 mg, protein 0.9 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 0
Light and Luscious Fruit Dip
Makes about 24 (2-tbsp) servings
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup super fine granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups Cool Whip free — a little heaping, thawed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp orange zest for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yogurt, sugar, orange juice and the orange and lemon zests.
- Gently fold or stir in the Cool Whip until completely combined.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
- That’s it! Serve with your favorite cut up fruits. You can use fancy toothpicks for easy dipping.
By the way, there are 0 Weight Watcher PointsPlus® per serving, so have two servings and it will only be 1 point! Enjoy!