If you have been through some of my recipes then you know how much I love these mini dessert cakes. The brand I buy is called Specialty Bakers. They are usually found in the produce department of the market. If you can’t find this brand then use a brand that has around 80 calories per cake and no more than 1 gram of fat. This recipe is quick and so easy to put together, but elegant enough for company.
Light And Refreshing Dessert Cake With Fresh Fruit
- 1 mini dessert shell
- 1/4 cup frozen sliced strawberries (no sugar) Use fresh if available
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries (no sugar)
- 1 to 2 Tbs light whipped cream from the can
- An hour or so before you put this together take the fruit out of the freezer and let it sit out to defrost.
- The fruit makes its own sweet syrup without adding any additional sugar.
- When you see it’s thawed and has a nice amount of syrup, place in the dessert shell and then top with a dollop of Cool Whip.
That’s it! Now enjoy!