I think we all remember a pie similar to this while growing up. I served this at a lot at luncheons and bridal and baby showers as one of the desserts while I was catering in Atlanta. It was requested all the time. You can use any flavor Jell-O (we just love strawberry flavored).
Nutrition – per slice: calories 131.3, fat 3.5 g, carbs 20.3 g, fiber less than 1 g, sugar 7.8 g, sodium 136.3 mg, protein 1.5 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Light as Air Strawberry Pie
- 1 package 0.3 ounce Strawberry flavor sugar free Jell-O gelatin or any store brand, You can use with sugar but the nutritional’s will change.
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup ice water or very cold water
- ice cubes
- 3 cups Cool Whip, regular or light
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ready to use Graham cracker pie crust, I used the reduced fat, ( you can’t tell the difference)
- Strawberries for garnish
- Light aerosol whipped cream for garnish
- Shaved white chocolate for presentation — optional
- In a heat proof bowl, add boiling water to Jell-O mix. Stir well until completely dissolved. This should take between 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Using an 8 ounce measuring cup, add the ice water; fill the rest with ice until it reaches 8 ounce/1 cup.
- Carefully add to the hot Jell-O mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove any ice that hasn’t melted.
- Add vanilla extract into the Cool Whip and stir gently. Add to the Jell-O.
- Stir until well blended.
- Cool in fridge for about 10 minutes. Stir once more.
- Spoon mixture into graham cracker crust and smooth. Make a quick decorative swirl with a spoon if you’d like. Cover with the plastic lid that comes with the crust and put back in fridge for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish as you like (whipped cream and shaved white chocolate) and enjoy this light-as-air treat!
Scrumptious Strawberry Recipes: