A few weeks ago, I was at an event showcasing Skinny Sweets Daily. I was handing out some samples of recipes that are already on our blog. I decided to make something new and let the ladies at this event tell me what they think. I have never done this before. I always have my family be the taste testers first, but I gave it a try and YAY! They all loved the little cupcakes. We got all different kinds of comments like, “They are nice and spicy to”, “Just the right amount of sweet and spicy”, and “The perfect size”. So here is this delicious, very easy recipe. Enjoy!
Nutrition: calories 79, fat 1.2 g, carbs 15.2 g, fiber .1 g, sugars 8.1 g, sodium 152 mg, protein 1, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 2
Light, Little Spice Cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice cake mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large or extra-large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 1/2 tbsp cinnamon sugar mix for sprinkling on top
- Redi whip, or store brand whipped cream from an aerosol can for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 2 mini cupcake pans with baking spray or line with mini cupcake liners. Set aside until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix and baking powder. With a wire whisk loosen up the dry mix so there are no clumps.
- Add the remaining ingredients one at a time. Switch over to a rubber spatula and mix until all is incorporated. Make sure you scrape the bottom to mix in all the dry cake mix.
- Switch over to a hand held mixer. On medium to high speed, mix the batter until light and fluffy.
- Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Take out and start filling your muffin cups.
- Bake about 10 to 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Place on wire rack and while cooling, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- When completely cooled, and I mean completely cooled and ready to serve, you can spray on the whipped cream, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture for nice presentation if like and enjoy!!
Delicious Cupcake Recipes:
Avocado Double Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes
Vegan Banana Maple Cupcakes
Easy Gooey Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes