Hi Friends. This easy and oh so delish cupcake is so decadent with great chocoalte and cherry taste. If you were to buy a similar one in a bakery or cupake shop, you are looking at about 600 calories! Yikes! I had to try and make a do over and here is my version. I hope you all love it the way my family does. I bet you will love the reduced calories and fat per cupcake. So, go and enjoy this great treat without any guilt!
Nutrition: per cupcake – calories 211, fat 2, fiber 1.7, protein 3, carbs. 43, Weight Watchers points 5
Easy Gooey Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker super moist chocolate fudge mix (or any chocolate flavor); I like the Betty Crocker because they have the least amount of calories and fat in the basic mix.
- 1 can “Lite” cherry pie filling
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cups egg substitute (I like Egg Beaters)
- 4 tbs mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all in large bowl with wooden spoon. The batter should be nice and fluffy.
- With an ice cream scoop pour into paper or foil lined cupcake pans. I use the jumbo liners to make 12 large cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips.