I was shopping in Target the other day and came across these cute little square cake pans. Since it’s fall and Halloween time, I figured I would come up with another pumpkin recipe. The cakes came out so moist and the caramel topping is a great complement to top them off. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Nutrition: Calories 147, fat 2 g, carbs 31 g, fiber .7 g, sugars 14.4 g, sodium 266.9 mg, protein 1.4 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Little Caramel Pumpkin Square Cakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix, any yellow or white flavor
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling, it should only say pumpkin
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup caramel topping, I used the fat free version. It’s usually by the chocolate syrup and sprinkles.
- Colored sprinkles, tiny marshmallows, optional for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray your square pans with cooking spray. If you don’t have a square pan, you can use a regular round muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the caramel topping. Using a rubber spatula, make sure you mix everything well and incorporate the dry mix that may be on the bottom.
- Now switch over to a hand held electric mixer and on medium to high speed, beat for 2 minutes. The batter should be smooth and fluffy.
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take out of fridge and with a 1/3 measuring cup or an ice cream scoop, fill each square. You should have enough for 16 square cakes.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes. Turn pan around after 5 minutes for even baking. A wooden skewer or toothpick should come out clean or with dry crumbs on it.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then pop out and cool on rack for another 20 minutes.
- With a teaspoon, top each little cake with the caramel sauce. You will have enough for each cake. Spread with a clean spatula or butter knife and then decorate as you like. Enjoy and happy Halloween everyone!
Perfectly Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Pumpkin Pie Latte