Warm Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- One 7 ounce loaf Italian bread, found in the deli or bakery department of the market
- 1 cup Egg beaters (or the store brand)
- 2 cups 2 % milk or soy or almond milk, I used almond for this recipe
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp. light butter, melted and cooled
- Light whipped cream from the can, optional
- Cut the bread in cubes and toast in the oven for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk the Egg Beaters, soy milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
- Toss the toasted bread in the prepared pan and then pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes. Press down with a spatula or clean hands until the mixture has covered the bread. Some pieces will pop up but that’s OK.
- Pour the melted butter over the pudding.
- Sprinkle the 3 tablespoons brown sugar over the top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Turn the pan around half way through baking time. A tooth pick should come out clean and the pudding should be golden brown. Let sit a few minutes and then spoon out 9 servings. Enjoy!
Makes 9 nice size servings.