Here is a wonderful recipe for Pumpkin Latte that’s so easy to make, you will not feel the need to pay those high prices along with the high calories and fat at your local coffee shop. Hey, if you want to run with it, go buy a big bag of the take out cups with lids at your local market. It will still be only a fraction of the cost. I love this drink so much and make it when guests come to visit or when I want a special treat for myself after the kids get on the bus.
Nutrition: calories 83, fat 1.9 g, carbs 15.3 g, fiber 1.4 g, sugars 12.6 g, sodium 45.7 mg, protein 3 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 2
- 1/2 cup skim or 1% milk
- 2 tbsp pumpkin from a can but, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups strong hot brewed coffee, I used decaf but made it a little stronger.
- 2 tbsp half and half, not fat free
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp maple sugar, brown sugar or granulated sugar.( I don’t like my coffee very sweet so this amount worked great. If you want to add a little more, do it to your taste.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- sprinkling pumpkin pie spice to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Redi whip or store brand aerosol whipped topping. I use fat free or low fat
- Have your coffee made fresh and kept hot.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the milk along with the pumpkin. Using a whisk, to add some air and frothy.
- Add the spices along with the hot coffee.
- When all is combined, (do not boil) add the half and half, keep whisking and then take off the heat and add the vanilla extract. Stir again and pour into two mugs.
- Spray on your topping and sprinkle with cinnamon. Sit back and enjoy every sip!
More Fabulous Warm Beverage Recipes:
Decadent Lower Fat Hot Chocolate
Warm You Up Apple Orange Cider
Chai Tea Latte