This recipe was inspired by a trip I took with my girlfriends when we were in our twenties while I was living in Atlanta. My roommate Jenny was a manager of a gourmet chocolate shop so she would bring home chocolates almost every day! Can you imagine eating a different kind of yummy, decadent chocolate every single day!?
One weekend Jenny and I and a few of my friends took a trip to Hilton Head, NC. Jenny knew I loved the Hazelnut truffles the best and she brought 2 pounds of them for the ride; I must have eaten half the box. I loved that trip and loved eating those truffles.
Ever since then I’ve thought about those delicious chocolates over the years and finally figured out a way to make them so that everyone can enjoy (in moderation of course). So here they are: my lower fat hazelnut chocolate truffles. They look beautiful to serve for company or to bring as a gift. Enjoy!
Nutrition: per truffle – calories 94, fat 4.4 g, carbs 13.1 g, fiber less than 1 g, sugar 12.5 g, sodium 9 mg, protein 7 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
Delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- 8 ounces good quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 7 ounces fat free sweetened condensed milk (half of a 14 ounces can)
- half a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp natural hazelnut extract or oil — found in Whole foods, gourmet markets, or online. You can also use your favorite flavor extract in its place such as orange, coconut, coffee, use your imagination!
- 2 tbsp milk chocolate chips melted
- 1 ounces white chocolate, not the white chocolate chips because they will not melt properly
- 1 tsp canola oil divided between the milk chocolate and the white chocolate
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the condensed milk. Add the extracts.
- Stir up and the chocolate will start to thicken. Place in fridge for about half hour or so until it has hardened enough to form into balls.
- Roll up to make about 30 balls.
- Melt your white and milk chocolate along with the oil in separate microwave safe bowls and then, with a fork or spoon, drizzle over the truffles.
That’s all there is! Store in an air tight container.
More Fabulous Chocolate Truffle Recipes:
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Almond Truffles
Crunchy Protein Quinoa Chocolate Truffles
Decadent Chocolate Tahini Truffles