You have probably seen similar twists in the mall but those are loaded with much more fat and calories than in my twists. This recipe is very easy, and skinny! You can serve it for breakfast, brunch or with a hot cup of tea. When I make these cinnamon twists they are gone in minutes and are best when they are warm from the oven. If you eat them later on, warm up in the microwave for a few seconds.
Nutrition: per twist – calories 149.2, fat 6.4 g carbs 24.1 g fiber .8 g, protein 2 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Easy Cinnamon And Sugar Flaky Twists
- 1 package reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tsp warm water (if needed)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Have a cookie sheet ready with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Keep the crescent rolls in the fridge until you are ready to use them. In the meantime, mix the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Open up the crescent rolls and press seams together to make 4 separate rectangles. On 2 of the rectangles, spread the mixture and then place the other 2 rectangles over each of them (like a sandwich!)
- From the long side, cut 4 strips of dough in each rectangle pouch to make a total of 8 strips. Take each strip and twist a few times.
- Lay on the parchment paper spaced a few inches apart. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for just a few minutes on a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients and mix until all is combined well. Lightly pour the glaze over the twists (go back and forth) to cover the twist.
Enjoy this warm, yummy treat!
Other recipes inspired by Crescent Rolls: