Submitted by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
Meatloaf is a fabulous staple to your monthly menu! There are a multitude of varieties to suit your taste and that of your family. Plus, it is quick to prepare and quite satisfying.
Nutrition: Serving size 274g, Calories 563, Fat 15g, Carbohydrates 64g, Sugar 7.2g, Protein 47.4g
Meatloaf with South-Western Flair
For the meatloaf:
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can green chili
- 1¼ lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
For the glaze:
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup salsa
- Open the can of black beans, drain and rinse.
- Mix all ingredients together except the ketchup and salsa.
- Add the mixture to a well greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes at 375.
- Mix ketchup and salsa together, and distribute evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
Check out Crystal’s great step-by-step photos from her original post.
More Ground Meat Recipes to Try Next:
Bolognese with Orecchiette
Wendy’s Healthy Turkey Chili
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatball Soup