This is the easiest recipe that you can make last minute for any holiday. This time around. It’s decorated Patriotic style for the Fourth of July. Use any sprinkles you like for any occasion. My son likes milk chocolate so that’s what I used for this recipe. Only a few ingredients and you have a sweet and salty recipe that’s crunchy and delicious. By the way, these make great little party favors. I purchase the clear goodie bags from the craft or party stores and fill them with this yummy popcorn treat. That’s what it is a real treat! Make a batch today, it will surely will disappear really fast.
Milk Chocolate Covered Patriotic Popcorn!
- 1 microwave popcorn, not the butter flavored, about 8 cups popped
- 1 1/8 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 colored sprinkles/jimmies, I used these for this recipe
- M&M Candies, I found the Patriotic colors in Target
- Place popped corn on a large cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds in a glass measuring cup. Mix, place back in for another 2o seconds. Mix again. If needed put back in another 10 to 15 seconds until chocolate is melted and shiny.
- Pour over popcorn. Mix with a wooden spoon. If needed spray spoon with cooking spray. Or if chocolate has cooled down a bit. Mix with clean hands. Toss gently. Then, sprinkle on M&M candies and sprinkles. Let set on cookie sheet in fridge for about 10 minutes. Keep on cookie sheet for another 30 minutes then break up and place in serving bowl or in goodies bags.