Mini Apple Phyllo Cups
Here is a great recipe that will sure be a crowd pleaser as well as a nice and healthy afternoon snack for one. They look very decadent and make a great presentation. The recipe is for one but you can double, triple, and so on for company. Make this recipe for yourself the first time and then you will see what I mean.
Nutrition: per 4 cups – calories 138.1, fat 2, carbs 30, fiber 1, protein 2
- 4 Athen’s Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 Dole apple cup, in its own juices (comes in a package of 4)
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have a cookie sheet ready to go.
- Drain the juice from the apple cup and place in a small bowl.
- Place the apples in a saucepan and sprinkle with the apple pie spice and the sugar. Toss in saucepan on a low heat.
- Sprinkle the corn starch in the reserved apple liquid and mix until the cornstarch is mixed well. Pour over the apples and stir until the mixture starts to thicken. Turn the heat up to medium. When thickened take off heat.
- Let the mixture cool down for a few minutes. Fill each of the fillo cups and bake for about 5-8 minutes. Check after 5 minutes; you don’t want the shells to get too dark. Take them out and that’s it!
Additional Fabulous Apple Recipes:
Harvest Baked Apples
Little Apple Pie Tartlets
Healthy Moist Spiced Apple Muffins
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/mini-skinny-apple-phyllo-cups/