Who doesn’t love pound cake? It’s a simple and plain looking cake but rich in taste. Normally pound cake is loaded with fat, calories and it’s not a simple recipe to make…until now! Using a boxed cake mix, makes this easy-peasy and you will think you just left the bakery. Here’s a great copycat recipe you will love. It’s so yummy!
Moist Lower Fat Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 Box Betty Crocker super moist yellow or butter cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla sugar free, fat free pudding mix, unprepared
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters or any store brand egg substitute
- 2 1/2 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar for topping
- low fat or fat free aerosol whipped topping, optional
- fruit of your choice for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; generously spray a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray (If you have the one with flour already in the spray that works really well for this recipe)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix with the dry pudding mix, stir well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up until the vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer, start off on low and gradually go up to high speed for 2 minutes. The batter should be smooth and fluffy but thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 to 45 minutes. Rotate the pan after 20 minutes. Check with a wooden skewer or long toothpick after 35 minutes. There should be dry crumbs or no crumbs. Try not to over bake.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for about 40 minutes and then invert and let the cake cool directly on the cooling rack for another 15 minutes.
- Plate up and slice into 16 nice size pieces and enjoy!!!
Simple, But Delicious Cake Recipes: