This easy recipe is sure to be a hit. As soon as I make them they are gone within minutes. I tried to cut the fat from the original recipe by reducing the peanut butter by just 2 tablespoons and cutting the chocolate just a bit. You won’t know any difference. Enjoy!
Nutrition: calories 177, fat 8.9, carbs 21, fiber 1.3, protein 4.5, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 5
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars
- 3 cups cornflakes, crunched up (place the cereal in a ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin or a heavy pot and lightly smash until you have crunched up cornflakes.
- 14 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar, I used superfine
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, either milk or semisweet
- 1/2 tsp canola oil or any vegetable oil
- Line a square pan with parchment, wax or foil then mist with cooking spray. Make sure to overlap the paper for easy removal. Set aside until ready.
- Heat PB with sugar, corn syrup over low to medium heat in a heavy saucepan. Keep stirring until melted. Add in the crunched up cereal. Mix well with a rubber spatula. Dig deep in the pan to incorporate all the cereal into the PB mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Mist either parchment or wax paper with cooking spray to help spread and pat down evenly.
- Melt chocolate with the small amount of oil in the microwave at 20 second intervals. Take out, mix and put back until the chocolate is smooth and shiny. Try not to overheat the chocolate. Spread over the top and if you want, take a butter knife and make a design.
- Cool on the counter until firm. If you can't wait, place in fridge for 15 minutes and then finish on the counter.
- Lift up the paper and cut into 16 squares and have fun!
Fabulous Bar Recipes: