This recipe is great because it is so easy to make and comes out amazing every time. My son loves this cake so much and loves making it with me. I just started using apple butter in my recipes and have been very pleased with it so far. The apple butter in this recipe gives the cake a wonderful moist texture. Try spreading it on toast with a cup of tea, its delish!
Nutrition: calories 221.5, fat 5.3, carbs 44.5, fiber 2.1, protein 3.1
One Bowl Moist Apple Butter Spice Cake
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp butter (use the real thing, don’t substitute with margarine)
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil, vegetable oil, avocado oil (or whatever you have)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 -2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have an 8 inch square non stick baking pan ready with nonstick cooking spray or baking spray.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Swirl the pan till the butter turns a nutty brown. This takes about a minute or so. Pour this into a large mixing bowl and mix to cool the butter.
- Add the apple butter, brown sugar and whisk together. Add the oil and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until all are well combined. Let the batter sit for about 5 minutes, then stir once and pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Turn the pan around halfway through the baking time. Cake is ready when a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy this amazing cake.
More Fabulous Cake Recipes:
Easiest Carrot Cake Ever
Light as Air Pear Coffee Cake
Cinnamon Cranberry Coffee Cake