One Bowl Moist Spice Cake
This recipe is great because it is so easy to make and comes out amazing every time. My son loves this cake so much and loves making it with me. I just started using apple butter in my recipes and have been very pleased with it so far. The apple butter in this recipe gives the cake a wonderful moist texture. Try spreading it on toast with a cup of tea, its delish!
Nutrition: calories 221.5, fat 5.3, carbs 44.5, fiber 2.1, protein 3.1
One Bowl Moist Apple Butter Spice Cake
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp butter (use the real thing, don’t substitute with margarine)
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil, vegetable oil, avocado oil (or whatever you have)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 -2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have an 8 inch square non stick baking pan ready with nonstick cooking spray or baking spray.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Swirl the pan till the butter turns a nutty brown. This takes about a minute or so. Pour this into a large mixing bowl and mix to cool the butter.
- Add the apple butter, brown sugar and whisk together. Add the oil and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until all are well combined. Let the batter sit for about 5 minutes, then stir once and pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Turn the pan around halfway through the baking time. Cake is ready when a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy this amazing cake.
More Fabulous Cake Recipes:
Easiest Carrot Cake Ever
Light as Air Pear Coffee Cake
Cinnamon Cranberry Coffee Cake
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/one-bowl-moist-apple-butter-spice-cake/