Hi Friends. Here’s a healthy and delicious recipe that I hope you will all love. I think the combo of the bananas, orange juice, zest and dried fruit make for a really nice flavored bread with great texture. Give this a try and I would love to know what you think.
Nutrition: calories 134.8, fat 4.9 g, carbs 21.1 g, fiber 2 g, sugars 6.3 g, sodium 113.5 mg, protein 2.5 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Orange Scented Fruity Banana Bread
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup super fine granulated sugar or regular granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, usually 2-3 bananas
- 2/3 cup chopped dried fruit, I used dried cranberries, but you can mix the fruit as well.
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- Zest from half an orange
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add the sugar. Then add the egg and egg white until blended well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, soda and salt. Add this to the butter mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add the orange juice and zest then stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Then fold in the dried fruit.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Smooth out and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes. After 25 minutes, rotate the pan and if the top is getting too brown, make a tent with aluminum foil and continue to bake.
- The bread is done when a wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool on wire rack 10 to 15 minutes then invert and let cool on the wire rack.
A Few More Fabulous Bread Recipes:
Delicious Double Corn Bread
Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread with Oatmeal and Flax
Let’s Go Bananas For Cinnamon Banana Bread