Copycat “Cinnabon” Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls are so delish you will turn your back on those high fat, high calorie rolls you see at the mall and, never look back. My husband and kids said this was their favorite thing I have made so far. So here they are, I hope you enjoy them as much as we all do.
Nutrition: calories 151.5, fat 7.4, carbs 21.3, fiber less than 1, protein 2.1
Out of This World Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tube Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 4 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; have a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Keep the tube of crescent rolls in fridge until ready to use and you have all your ingredients ready to go.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in microwave safe bowl and set aside.
- Now, take the tube out of fridge and roll out on a cutting board. You want to flatten the dough out with your hands to make a rectangle. You don’t need to use a rolling pin but you can use one if you want to make the same thickness throughout
- Spread the butter with a pastry brush over the entire dough. Save a little butter for when you have rolled up this up after the filling is in.
- Sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the butter (a nice coating). Save a little for when it’s rolled up.
- Starting with the shorter end, roll the dough up into a log.
- Brush the remaining butter over the outside of the log and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the butter.
- With a sharp knife cut the roll into 8 slices. To do this, start by cutting the roll in half then half again until you have 8 slices.
- Place the slices on the baking sheet. You will probably still have extra cinnamon sugar mixture so sprinkle that over the cut slices.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Turn the pan around after 5 minutes and check after 10 minutes. They should look puffed, light brown and the bottoms will look light to medium brown as well. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
For the Glaze: 4 tbsp powdered sugar, 1 1/2 – 2 tsp skim milk
In a small bowl blend the powdered sugar with the milk and mix up until you have a glaze consistency. If you have a mini whisk this makes for easier mixing. You can use a spoon or small fork as well. When the rolls are slightly cooled, drizzle the glaze over each roll.
ENJOY these yummy treats!
Try These Fantastic Recipes Using Crescent Rolls:
Cute Nutella Crunchy Bites
Easy Cinnamon And Sugar Flaky Twists
Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/out-of-this-world-skinny-cinnamon-rolls/