In my search for a new chicken recipe I came across a deep fried wing recipe that had most of these ingredients incorporated in it. However, it just did not fit my desire for us to eat healthy. So I lightened it up while keeping all the flavor.
Pecan Sesame Encrusted Chicken
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs, to make this dish gluten free, just substitute GF bread crumbs.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 6 chicken cutlets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spread the pecans on it and toast for 5 minutes. Cool then chop finely.
- Change the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Add a cooling rack onto the cookie sheet.
- Combine the chopped pecans with the sesame seeds and panko breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Then combine the honey and mustard in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Pound the chicken to make a more consistent thickness enabling it to be cooked evenly. Brush both sides of the chicken with the honey mustard mixture then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place onto the cooling rack on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
More Chicken Recipe Inspiration:
Grilled Spicy and Sweet Chicken Wings
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs