Submitted by: Sanja Andreevska
The three essential ingredients combine together beautifully, and the dish is very quick and easy to make.
Penne with Cream and Smoked Salmon
Makes 4 servings
- 350 g (12 oz / 3 cups) dried penne
- 115 g (4 oz) thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2-3 fresh thyme springs
- 25 g (1 oz / 2 tbsp) butter
- 150 ml (1/4 pint / 2/3 cup) extra-thick single (light) cream
- salt and ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, using kitchen scissors, cut the smoked salmon into thin strips, about 5 mm (1/4 in) wide. Strip the leaves from the thyme sprigs.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Stir in the cream with about a quarter of the salmon and thyme leaves, then season with pepper.
- Heat gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil.
- Taste the sauce for seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and toss it in the cream and salmon sauce. Divide among four warmed bowls and top with the remaining salmon and thyme leaves. Serve as soon as you prepared.