Perfect Pork Schnitzel
I am not quite sure where I got this recipe from, but it has become a family favorite. It is a marvelous alternative when cooking that second portion of pork tenderloin that comes in the package. I usually request that my butcher separates the package in two and trims the silver for me. They do it so quickly and it is one less thing I need to worry about.
I hope you enjoy this German twist on the pork tenderloin as much as we do!
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil for browning
- lemon for garnish
- Place milk into a medium bowl.
- Remove the silver from the pork tenderloin, then slice into 1 1/2 inch pieces (resembling mini boneless pork chops). Pound with a meat tenderizer until flattened. Then place in bowl with the milk.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a fry pan and heat on medium.
- Bread each piece of pork and fry on both sides until golden. About 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with fresh lemon to drizzle over if so desired.
Other Delectable Pork Recipes:
St Louis Style Ribs
Plum Peachy Seared Pork Chops
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/perfect-pork-schnitzel/