Submitted by: Gunjan Dudani, Kiipfit
Pine Feta stuffed Mini Sweet peppers is a sweet and salty appetizer which is beautiful and healthy.
Pine nuts are seeds of pine trees and are crunchy, sweet and delicious. Pine nuts are a source of essential minerals, vitamins and mono-unsaturated fatty acids which helps in lowering the cholesterol levels. Feta is a brined curd white cheese and is made in Greece. It has a creamy texture. It tastes like tangy, slightly salty, mildly sour, and a hint of sweetness.
Pine Feta Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- 19 mini Sweet Peppers (a bag of 1.5lbs)
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 ½ cups Pine Nuts
- ½ cup + 1tbsp Crumbled Feta Cheese
- ½ tsp Paprika Powder (or red chili powder)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 3/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Coarsely grind the pine nuts in the grinder.
- Mix all the ingredients of the stuffing in a bowl. (Except for the mozzarella cheese).
- Slit the peppers length wise.
- Fill the stuffing inside the peppers properly (The peppers should be packed with the stuffing).
- Grease the cookie sheet or baking pan (I use parchment pepper to avoid extra consumption of oil).
- Spray little cooking oil on the peppers to keep them moist.
- Bake the peppers for 15 minutes (Make sure that the peppers are soft but crunchy).
- Take out the peppers and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on them and put them back in the oven. Bake the peppers again for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Turn off the oven and let them stay in the hot oven for 2 minutes so that the flavors mix in well and the peppers are settled with the cheese.
- Serve hot!!
To view the original recipe click here.
Other Great Recipes using Feta Cheese: