Submitted by: Crystal Sykes
Delicious energy snack with high protein and nutrients in mind. A satisfying option when you don’t have the time to sit down and eat.
Nutrition for 2 bites: 195 calories, 13.4g fat, 14.4g carbohydrates, 7.4g protein, 2.8g fiber
Pistachio Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup of shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350. Add the pistachios to a food processor and pulse until pistachios are fairly chopped by not too small.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and honey to the food processor. Kitchen tip: Spray your tablespoon with non-stick spray before adding the honey. This will keep it from sticking to the tablespoon. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add the mixture to a medium sized bowl and stir in the oats. (If you want to make a gluten free recipe, substitute your flour of choice and add to the food processor to mix. Skip this step and go directly to rolling into bites. I want to keep the oats whole and not pulverize them.
- Roll the mixture into about 1 1/2 inch thick balls. This should make about 16 bites, depending on how big you make them. Place the bites onto a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350, or until golden brown. Note: The bottom of the bites may get a little dark, so if this bothers you, turn them over half-way though baking.
Click here for amazing step by step photos from the original post.
Check out these delicious recipes from Crystal: