These pretty watermelon cupcakes are easy to make and fun for the kids to decorate. Make it feel like summer all year round with these skinny and yummy cupcakes.
Nutrition: calories 181.1, fat 4 g, carbs 35.4 g, fiber .1 g, sugars 21.8 g, sodium 294.4 mg, protein 1.4, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 5
Skinny Watermelon Cupcakes
Makes 16 cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix
- 10 ounces of plain seltzer
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Red and green food coloring drops or paste
- 16 tsp from a tube of Betty Crocker Decorating Icing. Red and green
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 16 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Set aside until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, seltzer, egg whites, baking powder and vanilla. Mix with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are well combined. Dig deep to make sure no dry mix is still on the bottom.
- Now with an electric mixer, beat on medium to high until smooth and fluffy. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Take half of the batter out and place in another mixing bowl. Add the red drops to one batch and green to the other. Gently mix with a spatula or wire whisk until combined and you achieve the color you want.
- Place in fridge for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take out of fridge, fold in about 1/4 cup of the mini chips into the red batter. Now, using an ice cream scoop, fill 16 cupcakes.
- Bake about 20 minutes until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean or with dry crumbs. ( Turn the pan around after about 10 minutes for even baking)
- Let cool on wire rack for about 20 minutes then invert and let cool completely on wire rack until ready to frost.
- Squeeze out a teaspoon of each icing on the cupcakes and sprinkle some of the mini chips on top.
Enjoy these yummy cupcakes!