Quick and Easy Pumpkin Ricotta Parfait
- 2 to 4 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 4 heaping tbsp Cool Whip free
- 2 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 regular or reduced fat graham cracker or 2 small ginger snap cookies, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
- pinch pumpkin pie spice, optional
- pinch nutmeg, optional
- Light aerosol whipped topping
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin along with 2 heaping tablespoons of the Cool Whip. Add the teaspoon of brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. Set aside for just a minute.
- In another small bowl, mix the ricotta with the other 2 heaping tablespoons of Cool Whip. Add the other 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Add a pinch of nutmeg and mix well. Set aside for a minute.
- Time to layer in your favorite goblet or dessert dish… Start with the pumpkin, place a dollop on the bottom of the glass, sprinkle a little cookie crumbs over that and now add a dollop of the ricotta mixture. Do this one more time with each layer. Save the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Place in the fridge for about one hour. When you take it out, you can now put on the whipped topping and sprinkle the last of the cookie crumbs.
- Dig down deep and take a big scoop and savor every bite! YUM!
I use canned pumpkin for so many recipes that I usually have extra in the fridge. Today was no different. I had just a few tablespoons from the other day. I decided to make myself something skinny and sweet while the dinner was baking and I was waiting for the kids to come off the bus. Since I was making baked ziti, I figured I would use a little of the ricotta as well. Just a note, this tastes even better if you let it sit in the fridge for about an hour. So if you can hold off, make it, let it set up and later on, go for it!
Note: This recipe is easily multiplied for a large crowd. Great for company. Makes a lovely presentation.
Nutrition: calories 138, fat 3.3 g, carbs 26.5 g, fiber 1.7 g, sugars 11.1 g, sodium 136.9 mg, protein 4.4 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
More Delectable Recipes with Pumpkin:
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Quick And Easy Pumpkin Mousse
Spiced Pumpkin Cookies