Rainbow Pasta Salad
Contributed by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
My friend use to make a pasta salad just like this and it was absolutely fabulous! A great quick side dish to bring to a gathering any time of the year.
- 1 16-oz box tri-color pasta spirals
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ orange bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 1 2.25-oz can of sliced black olives
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once the water is at a boil you should liberally salt it.
- While the water is coming to a boil, chop up the peppers, onions, tomatoes, and green onions in to small pieces. Also, dice the cheese in to little cubes.
- After the water is boiling, cook the pasta to your desired likeness. For pasta salad, I like my pasta just a touch past al dente. After the pasta is done cooking, strain it, but do NOT rinse it. That ruins pasta.
- Let the noodles cool a bit. It will give you time to finish chopping your veggies. While the noodles are still warm, toss in the dressing and the peppers and onions. Toss the salad to coat everything. You can also throw in the olives, tomatoes, and green onions at this point.
- Wait for the pasta to be fairly cool before adding in the cheese.
- Let it sit overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
For incredible step by step photos, click here to see the recipe on Crystal’s website.
Great Chilled Side Dish Recipes:
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/rainbow-pasta-salad/