Submitted by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
These marvelous Raspberry Breakfast Bars can easily pass as a dessert, but since they do not have any added sugar it is definitely acceptable to eat in the morning. I know my kids will be thrilled!
Nutrition: 286 calories, 18.9g fat, 24.5 g carbohydrates (2.3g sugar), 6.1g protein
- 1/2 cup very soft butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups raw oats
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (no sugar added), thawed and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add eggs to a medium-size mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add very soft butter to eggs. (If you are adding a sweetener here, cream butter and sugar or honey, and add the eggs.) NOTE: The butter has to be extremely soft and the eggs at room temperature in order for the ingredients to mix. If the eggs are cold, they will cool the butter, and you’ll have a mess. If this happens, heat the egg and butter mixture in the microwave on intervals of 10-20 seconds, so as to not cook the eggs but heat the butter.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
- Spray the sides and the bottom of a 9×9 pan.
- Press about 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan, reserving about 1/4, careful not to press too hard. You may need to add more of the mixture to completely cover the bottom.
- Spread the raspberries evenly on top of the oat mixture, leaving a little space around the edges free.
- Top with the remaining oat mixture, trying to seal off the edges as you go along.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- Cut into 6 breakfast bars when cool.
This recipe does not have any sugar or sweeteners. If you feel you need to add a sweetener, I suggest 1/4 cup of sugar or honey, mixed in with the wet ingredients.
Check out Crystal’s fabulous step-by-step photos from her original post.
A Bundle of Other Breakfast Recipes to Choose From:
Truffle Eggs, Greens & Quinoa Recipe
Out Of This World Cinnamon Rolls