You won’t believe how decadent these brownies taste especially because they have all healthy ingredients. I love this recipe so much and bake them for my family on a regular basis. You should try this easy recipe, I’m guessing your family will love them too!
Rich And Decadent Paleo Brownies
Makes 16 Brownies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted, you can use avocado oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup agave or date nectar, honey or maple syrup work too
- 1/4 cup date sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, I use Lily’s Sweets, found at Whole Foods or on line
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp halved or whole nuts for topping
- **Leave out nuts if you want and add more chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 x 8 in baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond butter, melted coconut oil, nectar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes. Try not to over bake. Test with a tooth pick or wooden skewer and moist crumbs should be on. Also, the brownies should slightly spring back when touched.
- Cool for about 20 minutes, cut into 12 large brownies or 16 medium. Enjoy!!