Submitted by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
The delectable waft of roasting vegetables is definitely at the top of my list. Squash in particular makes a fabulous side dish. It is filling and full of flavor!
Nutrition for 1/2 of an Acorn Squash: 171 calories, 31.3g carbohydrates, 1.8g protein, 6g fat, 50mg sodium
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Spray the squash with nonstick spray, and place upside down on a cookie sheet covered with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn acorn squash over with tongs. Score with a knife, and rub butter evenly over both halves. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the acorn squash.
- Place back in the oven, and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes and then serve. This dish takes a little more time, but is super easy to make, and it really tastes amazing.
To view Crystal’s glorious step-by-step photos click here.
Here are a few more Vegetable Side Dishes:
Baked Panko Zucchini Crisps
Baked Tomato Parmesan
Roasted Cauliflower with Bacon