Submitted By: Liz Hughes
I am a true broccoli lover. It’s ranks up there with Brussels sprouts and asparagus as total favorite vegetable. This roasted broccoli with garlic, parmesan and lemon is off the charts delicious and takes my love to an even higher level.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place broccoli on a large baking sheet. Add garlic, pepper flakes, salt and oil. Toss until broccoli is coated with oil and ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Roast in oven for 20 – 25 minutes. The tips of your broccoli should be lightly charred and the stalks crisp tender.
- Toss with parmesan, lemon juice and zest.