Submitted By: Liz Hughes
I have to say this is a burst of fall and comfort food goodness, all in one bite. As a part of the cabbage family, cauliflower has a high nutritional density – great fortification for the upcoming cold weather. As well, I mostly roast during cooler months to help warm the house and create a cozy feeling in my kitchen. Enjoy!
Roasted Cauliflower with Bacon
Makes 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium casserole dish, toss cauliflower with canola oil. Place on center rack in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Cook bacon until lightly golden and chop into 1/2″ pieces.
- Once cauliflower has cooked 20 minutes add bacon and cook for 5 more minutes to get bacon nice and crispy.
- Pull out of oven and toss with parmesan and green onions. Season to taste.