Pears are always in season at the markets. I make this year round especially in the winter. Great for company too. Makes a pretty presentation but takes no time at all to prepare.
Roasted Cinnamon Pears
- 2 Bartlett pears, or any firm pear, cut in half length wise with seeds removed
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp butter or vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mist a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the apple juice into the pan then lay the pears down cut side down.
- Mix together the cinnamon, sugar and salt and sprinkle over the pears
Dab the butter over the pears. Cover with foil and bake anywhere from 35-45 minutes until pears are tender. You want to be able to cut into them easily but not fall apart.
- Half way through, take the foil off and baste the pears with the juice. Put the foil back on and put back in oven. 10 minutes before you take them out take off the foil and let bake until done.
Enjoy! Makes 2 servings.